The following employees were selected for the November 2019 Excellence Award recognition. They were honored at the Nov. 12 school board meeting. Pictured from left:
- Emily Jinnah, elementary academic coach, Fir Grove
- Elizabeth Tiegs, family-community resource coordinator, Roosevelt Elementary
- Tawnya Clark, paraeducator, Fir Grove
- Michael Hornback, instructional technology facilitator, ITS
- Bill Niemeyer, data integration technician, assessment and performance management department
The Excellence Award is given to five employees and/or small teams from October to May each school year. Nominations are open to staff, students, parents and community members. Nominees are selected for recognition by a committee of their peers.
In just a few years, Bill has distinguished himself as the go-to person for a variety of applications. For example, his work to better integrate the student information system with the district’s mass notification system has expanded schools’ ability to communicate with families. Said one of his nominators, “Bill has a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude. He is the kind of employee we need to make the work that we do help our students succeed.”
Congratulations to these staff members! They join the hundreds of VPS employees who have received Excellence Awards since 2007.